Weekly Highlights from our Conservative Overlords

Weekly Highlights from our Conservative Overlords

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Kicking it up a notch - Week 89.5 - Jan 14-16

Okay.  I've been told that I'm too slow and nobody will pay attention to my long posts.  So, we'll try to ratchet things up a bit with a mid-week post.
I'm not going to pretend to know anything about Mali.  The summary of the situation seems to be "We gonna go get us some Muslim terrorists!"  Only with a French accent.  Is this good or bad?  I don't really know.  However.  It seems to me that if you're going to get involved, you should get involved.  Sending one airplane for a week seems a bit chickenshit to me.  And then when your one airplane doesn't even make it off the ground...man.

This is why you debate bills.  So they aren't deemed unconstitutional by judges.  A BC judge decides that the human smuggling bill is over-reaching.

For health reason, Shawn Atleo has stepped aside from the Association of First Nations Chiefs.  I'm picturing him sitting in a dark room someplace with a really confused look on his face, wondering what the hell just happened to him.

It turns out that until a few years ago, the RCMP had absolutely no means of tracking internal discipline.  The CBC story I heard pointed out the irony of the organization that is supposed to track national crime trends and statistics having no idea about their own internal crime trends and statistics.

Is anybody surprised that the heads of Nortel were found not guilty of fraud?  I mean, all they did was collect massive bonuses as they drove their company into bankruptcy.  That's just capitalism.  They're trendsetters, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment