Weekly Highlights from our Conservative Overlords

Weekly Highlights from our Conservative Overlords

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

My Imaginary Kickstarter for an Anti-Enbridge Ad

Okay.  So I found out that you can't fund "causes" via Kickstarter.  So, hopefully somebody else can figure out a way to run with this.  Here is my imaginary Kickstarter to fund a series of anti-Enbridge television ads.


Anybody currently watching Television in British Columbia has probably seen the Enbridge ad a few times already.  Jobs!  Prosperity!  Environmental Regulation!  It sounds like this Pipeline could really solve all of our problems!

However, with even a minor eye on the news it’s pretty easy to see that Enbridge seems to lack the primary abilities to run a pipeline.  Leaks in Alberta.  Leaks in Michigan.  It’s actually surprising that the toilets in their office function properly.

So, to counter the maddening Enbridge ads that are trying to shove a pipeline down our throats (not to mention the Conservative Party of Canada’s anti-Mulcair ads) I think we need to fight fire with fire.  I’m proposing the production and airing of the truth about Enbridge’s ability to run a pipeline.  I’m thinking a working theme of: 

Enbridge Clown College.  Clowns are scary.  These clowns are terrifying.

A brief disclaimer.  I’ve never created an advertisement for television.  I have no idea how to buy ad time on television or how much it will cost.  But....I’m pretty confident that we can pull this off together.  And hopefully we’ll attract the attention of some people that can fill some gaps in the knowledge base of my “team”.

$5 – Gets you a reassuring feeling that you’re helping to make the world a better place.
$10 – Gets you an Enbridge Clown College decal to place on the flat surface of your choosing.
$50 – Gets you an Enbridge Clown College T-shirt in the size of your choice.
$100 – Gets you...I don’t know.  2 T-shirts?
$100,000 – Gets you a fully funded ad run on as many TV stations at as many times possible in the Province of British Columbia.  We might get around to posting it on YouTube as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment